Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weekend Recap =.)

We had such an awesome weekend!  It started a little bit early.  I took a half day on Thursday, so we could head down to Beaufort, NC and get there kind of early for New Year’s Eve.  We spent the weekend at our friends’ house, and we had an absolute blast!  Yay! =.)

Chad and Katie were great hosts!  They let 4 couples stay with them in their beach house.  Marc and I shared a room with Grant and Katie, and we had fun. =.)

So, for Thursday night, we got to Beaufort around 5:30 or so, right as the sun was setting, and I got a few good pics coming over the bridges from Morehead City.  I love the sun on the water.  So peaceful! =.)

DSC05185 DSC05181

We unloaded Marc’s truck, and hung out with everyone at Chad and Katie’s for a little bit.  That evening, we took Chad’s boat over to some friends’ condos and spent the evening in their lobby.  The guys played corn hole outside while the girls stayed inside, for the most part.  It was nice just socializing and talking and listening to music with all of our friends.  Our group consists of about 6 couples, and we were all down there to spend New Year’s together, so it was great. =.)

Best hosts EVER!! =.)Gracious hosts All the girls on New Year’s EveDSC05187

Girls from the Merritt HouseNYE 10 Merritt house girls

I guess around 2 we all headed back to our houses.  The guys took the boat back, but the girls didn’t want to freeze on the water, so one of the guys from the condos, Chris, drove us all back.  We were really grateful! =.)

Friday was a low-key day.  We all just lounged around the house and watched Miss Congeniality, Khloe & Kourtney Take Miami, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians all afternoon.  I do believe that the guys escaped to the Man Cave while the girls cozied up on the couch! =.)  We went to a late dinner with everyone Friday night, then the girls made a late night Wal-Mart run to pick up some board games.  When we got back to the house, the 5 girls played board games while the boys retreated to the Man Cave, again.

On Saturday, we lounged around for a little bit, but then headed back over to the condos for an Oyster grill with everyone, again.  It was absolutely FREEZING on Saturday!  The guys stayed outside manning the grill while all the gals were inside the garage with the propane heater, football, and board games.  We had such a great time!  I love all the people we spent time with.

All the girls on Saturday NightSat Nite All GirlsKaty, Katie, & meSat Nite KKB

I told Marc on the way home from Beaufort that I was really glad we went down for the weekend.  I’m so much just a homebody who loves to stay in with family and friends in pajamas for New Years.  With that being said, I wasn’t really expecting to have a great time.  Boy, was I wrong!  I’m so glad that he convinced me to go down for the weekend.  Thanks, Marc! =.)  You were right! Just this once!! =.)

View on the ride back to Morehead CityDSC05203 DSC05197 DSC05193

I didn’t take many pictures.  Mainly just the ones on the bridge over when we arrived and when we left.  I forgot my camera on Saturday night, and that was the most fun all weekend.  It was even better than New Year’s! =.)

So, I hope you had a fabulous weekend, and a Happy New Year!!! =.)

No comments: