Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resolutions

On most blogs that I read regularly, you gals have posted something about new years resolutions.  I think I’m boycotting resolutions this year. =.)

Why, you may ask?

I have a few reasons. =.)

#1.  I’m going to break them.  Let’s just be honest.  I have GREAT intentions starting out, but they won’t last.

#2. I didn’t keep a single one from last year.  Maybe a for a few weeks, maybe for a few months.  But not for a whole year.  If I had kept them, I wouldn’t feel the need to make new ones this year! =.)

#3. I don’t want to be like last year.  I do have changes that I want and NEED to make in my life.  I just don’t feel that making it a ‘resolution’ will make me stick with it this time around.

So, instead, I’m making GOALS.  Yes, maybe they’re the same thing.  Maybe it’s just my mindset.  I don’t care.  I just want something that WORKS! =.)

My intentions?

1. Define my goals =.)

- Be healthy

- Grow spiritually

- Pray with Purpose

- Exercise 4x/week

- Blog more

- Take more pictures

- Live life.  Not just go through motions, but LIVE

2. Create a visual for me to see DAILY.

- I’ll probably cut out/print pictures that I relate to my goals.  Then, I’ll paste them onto a dream board or poster.  I’d love to post it on my fridge, but Marc’s not a fan of clutter, so I need to find a place to put it up so it’s a daily reminder.

3. Hold myself accountable.  In order to do this, I’ll break down each of my goals into smaller action items.

- For example: Exercise 4x/week.

     - Day 1 – Elliptical

     - Day 2 – 30 Day Shred

     - Day 3 – Rest

     - Day 4 – Elliptical

     - Day 5 – Dance/Aerobics/Cardio

     - Day 6 & 7 – Rest

- With these action items, it’s easier for me to attain my goals, because I’ve broken it down into smaller steps.  These are ways to actually achieve my goal, instead of just a big, broad item to stare at. =.) It just works better for me, this way.  Also, if I want to, I can cross it off weekly, what I’ve done.  Then, there’s a sense of accomplishment as I work towards the goal.

So, there you have it.  My ‘resolutions’ for 2010. =.)

Is there anything that you do in order to stick with your resolutions or goals?  Do you have a dream board?  If so, where do you keep it?  What’s on it?

Happy 2010 and good luck!  I wish you a happy, prosperous, and FULFILLED year! =.)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I was actually going to write a whole post on why I don't make resolutions tomorrow...! haha...I'm not sure if I will, but, I've been thinking about it.

I like goals better.

Whitney said...

This is such a good idea! You think of the best things!