Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weekend Recap x2

Sorry for the lack of posts!  I’ve been uninspired, and I haven’t wanted to bore you with the details! =.)

This past weekend was really low-key for us.  I stayed at home on Friday night while Marc went to hang out with some of the guys.  I watched TV and caught up on all of my DVR stuff.

Saturday morning, we went to Siloam Missionary Homes, a place where missionaries come to stay in between missions.  We helped take down and organize all of their Christmas decorations.  Our life group spear-headed the project, and some others from our church joined in.  It was a lot of fun, but I have a few battle wounds from taking down one of the Christmas trees.  The thing was HUGE!  And a wee bit heavy, as I tried to drag it to put it into the box! =.)

In the afternoon, the guys decided to ride their 4-wheelers.  They haven’t been riding since Thanksgiving, and it was a beautiful and mild day.  I got some pictures of them.  I think it’s crazy what they can do on machines (do you know who Travis Pastrana is?  He’s crazy good.  And crazy, but he is just an awesome rider [of motorcycles]).

DSC05234DSC05225 DSC05231 DSC05252

Saturday evening, we went out to dinner with our life group to have our ‘Christmas’ dinner.  It’s always so busy before Christmas, that we decided it would be best to wait until after.  We enjoyed Cracker Barrel and had a lot of fun.

After dinner, we went out with Chris and Jennifer and bowled.  I was super stoked to win the first game when I bowled a 140.  Then I didn’t do so well the second game with a 103 or something like that.

Sunday, we went to church, then took our second membership class.  We took the first class about a year and a half ago, when we became members.  Better late than never, right? =.)

Our fridge was bare, so we headed to Wal-Mart after lunch.  I so enjoy Wal-Mart much more when we go after the first service at church.  It’s MUCH less crowded and easier to maneuver through! =.)

We came home and took naps.  It was dreary and rainy outside – perfect napping weather!  I’ve started reading The Lovely Bones.  I want to finish reading it before I see the movie.  Besides, the books are always better (in my opinion). =.)  I’m excited to see Dear John with the girls when it comes out.  However, I think I’ll be taking a box of tissues with me, because I’m going to cry.  I mean, it’s Nicholas Sparks – crying is guaranteed, right?

************

Last weekend, Marc went down to Beaufort to go fishing with some friends.  It ended up that the ocean was too rough to fish, but they stayed closer inland and just cruised around for a bit.  While he was at the beach, I was hosting his dad and stepmom, Lyman and Melinda.   They came up Friday night because Marc’s grandma, let’s call her Ma J., fell and fractured her pelvic bone and hurt her hip.  She’s in a rehab center now, so they can get her up and walking before they release her home.  Lyman and Melinda left on Saturday.

Then, on Saturday, I finally got around to putting up all of our Christmas decorations.  I also went through what was left in the attic after I finished decorating, so that I could consolidate and get rid of what I didn’t want to use anymore.  My Christmas side of the attic is so much more organized, and I love it!  It’s so much better!  And the goal is that I won’t have to hunt for what I want next year! =.)

I visited with Mama and Daddy for a little bit, too.  Then, as I was trying to leave for dinner to meet our friends, my car wouldn’t start.  I finally got in touch with my Mama, and she let me borrow her truck.  We all hung out at Rob & Sarah’s, had a great dinner, then all the girls played The Game of Things.

I overslept for church on Sunday, so I just lounged around the house until Marc got home, then we went to dinner with our friends Grant and Katie at our favorite Mexican place.  It was yummy!  It had been awhile since we had eaten there.

My weeks have passed by slowly, as the world of real estate, in my office, at least, is just been really slow this month.  I don’t know if it’s because of all the cold weather, the fact that it’s so soon after the holidays or what, but I need for business to pick up.  Two reasons: 1.  I’m bored out of my mind at work.  I need more to keep me occupied!  Thank goodness that I’m closing out the year and doing 1099s and W-2s or I would be going crazy by now! =.) 2. We need to be making more money.  I don’t like not making money! =.)

So, if you’ve made it this far, thanks for sticking with me!  Things might get a little more interesting next month!  I’ve got a work trip to New Orleans planned in February, and I’m looking into being the treasurer for our church on a part-time basis.  That should keep me a little more busy! =.)

Have a great week, everyone! =.)

Signature-BE4212C632D29A1F98D632D890C57B22

No comments: