Friday, January 29, 2010

Ready for the Weekend!

Last week, my week flew by.  It was great!  I worked on 1099s and W-2s, and I was busy.  This week, I finished all of my tax stuff last week, so I didn’t really have anything to do.  I mean, I’ve had a few things to do here and there, but definitely not enough to keep me busy for a 40-hour week.

The bookkeeper position at our church has become available.  I’m really hoping that it’s a good fit for me.  I would love a little extra money, I’ve not had a raise or a bonus in close to 2 years, now, while my house payment keeps increasing because we have our escrow included.  It’s a bit frustrating.  And stressful.  I need our company to make money, so that I can make just a little more money! =.) And so that my mind will stay busy and occupied and WORKING!  I’m getting bored, which is making me irritable.  But I don’t want a new job.  I like my job.  I just want my work to pick back up so I feel like I’m actually deserving of a full-time salary paid position.  Does that make sense?

So, back to the bookkeeper position.  I’d love to do it.  Not only because it would bring in a little more cash to the household (i.e. our savings account), but I would like working with the church.  I love our church, and I would love to be able to contribute in some way other than just attending. =.)

I love to sew and craft and do all those other fun things that come with crafting.  I told my Mama today that she and I should open up an Etsy shop.  I would absolutely be just ridiculously happy if I could make a living off of selling items on Etsy.  I could do what I love, and stay at home while working.  That’d be perfect for when we have kids!  I would love to be a stay-at-home mom.

That would be my dream job.

That, or to work at a library.  I love books. =.)

**********

On another note.  We’re supposed to be getting between 5-10 inches of snow tonight, into tomorrow afternoon.  Everyone at my office is just dreading it.

I’m not.  I love snow.  It’s beautiful.  Especially out where I live.  Being in the country, our driveway doesn’t get plowed.  We just drive through snow.

And it also reminds me of Boone.  I mean, we don’t get anywhere near the amount of snow, and it’s a completely different type of snow (Boone is more powdery, here, it’s wetter), but it’s still snow.

I thought I had pics from last year’s snow, but apparently not on my work computer.

If we’re lucky, I’ll have some for you tomorrow.  With the dogs playing in it.

And, now that I’ve gotten excited about it, we won’t get any snow. =.)

Hope you have a great weekend!  Stay warm! =.)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Working at a church can be such a great opportunity! I really hope it works out for you!

Rachel said...

Love the picture of the sunrise with the moon between the trees!

Hope the church position is a good fit.

And I would love to see your items in an Etsy shop! :)