Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

We had such a nice weekend!

We weren’t sure if Marc’s dad and stepmom were coming up until late Thursday.  The guys are building a ramp for Marc’s grandma that fell.  Lyman, my FIL, doesn’t want her walking up the steps to their porch/entry door to their house.  I think he, and Grandpa Johnson, would just feel a lot better if there was a ramp for Grandma Johnson.  However, the ground is so wet from all the rain we’ve been getting around here lately.  So, they couldn’t do it this weekend.  Lyman and Melinda might be coming up this weekend, instead, depending on the weather.  It absolutely poured here last night, but it’s windy today.  Maybe it’ll dry out. =.)

So, instead, we went out with friends.  There were 13 of us total, and we went to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, then we went bowling.  By the time we finished eating, it was around 9, so we got to “Cosmic Bowl” in black lights.  I was so excited, because I outscored everyone except for one guy on our first round.  It was a lot of fun just hanging out with everyone.  One of our guy friends spent the night at our house on Friday so that he and Marc could stay up and play a game on the PS3.  After I turned off the subwoofer and asked them to turn down the volume, I slept.  They didn’t go to bed until around 4:30.  No, thank you!

Saturday was just a low key day.  We slept in, which was fantastic! =.) Marc and our friend, Chad, started playing their war game again, so I took the dogs over to my parents house and hung out with my Mama.  She sewed up a few things for me that I needed fixed, and we talked crafts. =.) She’s decided that she’s making everyone something hand-made for Christmas this year, and she’s going to get started on it, now!  We went through some of her old fabric.  She received this “a craft a day” calendar, and one of the crafts tells how to make a cover for a camera strap.  Since my camera’s strap is kind of old and dirty, I want to spruce it up.  So, I’m going to piece together these 6 brightly colored scraps that she has, and make a strap.  I’ll show when it’s finished! =.)

We had a lazy Saturday afternoon, then headed over to our friend’s house for dinner.  Pulled pork that was delicious, with some sides.  Three of the girls there have weddings this spring/summer, so there was TONS of wedding talk! =.) Then two of us slipped away to catch some of the Duke/Clemson basketball game. =.)

Sunday morning, we went to church, then went to the 3rd membership class.  We learned a little about our spiritual gifts and where we can serve using those gifts.  It was pretty interesting.  Of the 15-20 people in the class, 8 of them were from our life group.  We totally represented! =.)

After class, we grabbed lunch at Red Robin with our friends, Chris and Jennifer, who are getting married April 24th.  The we headed to Family Christian Stores to pick up some devotionals for Marc and myself.  I’m excited about mine!  I picked up Women of the Bible, and it’s a 52 week study.  So, so excited to learn about some of the women that aren’t taught or talked about as much. =.) Marc chose the Max Lucado Devotional Bible.  I think I’ll be reading that one next! =.)

We lounged around at the house and I did some laundry before we went to bed.

It was kind of a lazy weekend, but I absolutely LOVED it!  I needed a low-key weekend.  And it was nice to have Marc home to lounge with! =.)

**********

Oh, and I won a giveaway a few weeks ago, and I haven’t posted, but I’ll post about it this week!  I’m in love! =.)

No comments: