Friday, January 8, 2010

Slightly disappointed?

I had such high hopes for tonight!  The hubs is going fishing in Beaufort this weekend, so I was planning a weekend by and for myself.  And I was excited.  Like super-excited to be resting this weekend after about 3 weekends stuffed with plans.

And my previously planned weekend was perfect!  Tonight, I was going home to change directly into my pjs, watch Nights in Rodanthe (no, I still haven’t seen it), and veg out.  Heaven!  Tomorrow, I was going to sleep in, because I am in desperate need of sleep, and then take down our Christmas decorations (don’t judge – we were out of town last weekend =.).

Then, Marc calls earlier this morning to tell me that his dad and step-mom are coming up for the night, so I’ll have guests.

Crap.

There goes my blissful evening.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind that they’re coming up, or that Marc won’t be here so it’ll just be them and me.  I like them. =.)  They’re great in-laws.

But they weren’t in my plans.

And I don’t really do well when my plans change.  Not always, really, just when I have my mind set on something. It drives Marc nuts. =.)

So, tonight, instead of relaxing, I’ll be entertaining.  After I race home after work to vacuum and pick up a bit, as we didn’t find out they were coming until I was already at work this morning.

And I still have Christmas stuff up! =.( I so need to get all that stuff down, and would have, if I had known we’d be having guests.

Oh, well. They’ll be leaving tomorrow, so I can still do everything I had planned for Saturday, except maybe sleep in.  Such is life. =.)

Hope you have a great weekend, everyone! =.)  Stay warm!!

2 comments:

Jason said...

You really do have a great blog here. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope my site can contribute anything positive to someone's day.

I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

Whitney said...

Ugh, I'm sorry your plans got changed! I feel the same way when that happens to me!!!