Quick weekend recap (in list format, as that's just easier):
- Friday night, I was exhausted. I headed out to Charlotte on Wednesday for some training classes on Thursday and Friday. I left the hotel around 3:15 p.m. Friday afternoon. It took me an hour just to get to Concord, the traffic was so bad. So frustrating! So what should have taken 2 hours, took 3 hours, instead. I didn't really want to go out.
- Friday night in Hillsborough is Hog Day...annual event, and the festivities start Friday night with the pig cookin'. We headed over to Rob and Sarah's for dinner, then we were going to walk around Hog Day for a bit before heading home. We didn't even eat dinner until 9:30, I think, so we just went home after that.
- I slept until 10 am on Saturday! I guess I was pretty tired. Then, I went with Mama to a baby shower for some of her cousins. It's always nice to see family that you don't get to see often.
- When I turned on the water to take my shower before going to the baby shower - nothing. There's still something wrong with it! Something about smaller gauge wires on the pump than in the wiring to the house, so it gets overworked, or something like that. I'm not sure, but it's frustrating.
- Marc, Rob, and Grant were working on the well when I got home. It's fixed, but we need an electrician to come replace the wires from the pressure box in the crawl space to the fuse box inside the house. More $$. I'm not sure when we'll be taking care of that.
- We went to dinner with Grant's family Saturday night to celebrate his brother's birthday. We went to The Homestead in Timberlake - it was wonderful! =.) Such fun!
- Sunday, we helped a friend, Stephen, move into his new house! It was hot, but it was fun. Stephen's helped us out around the house a lot while we were renovating, so we owed him. =.)
- After helping Stephen, we rushed home to get a shower before heading over to Mama and Daddy's for dinner. We had baked potatoes and steaks on the grill. I just love my family so, so much, and I'm so blessed to have parents who have been married for so long, and who show me what a family is supposed to be. They've always been supportive, and I just love them so much!
That's my weekend! I've got another busy week ahead, though!
Monday: Softball Game Tuesday: Softball Game Wednesday: Dinner with my favorites! Thursday: Training in Cary all day Friday: Mama and Daddy's 32nd Anniversary Saturday: It's my Birthday!!! =.) Yay!! =.)
Hope you have a great week! =.)
"The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1