Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunshine =.)

Yay! For the first time in what feels like forever, we have SUN! I love looking outside and seeing the sun shining with a bit of a breeze (even if there are some gusts around 30 mph)!

You see, this week has been very dreary outside (and inside my office, as well). I work at a real estate office, and I do all of the processing and check writing (basic accounting duties), as well as some office managing. Each month, an invoice goes out to each agent in our office for monthly fees that are incurred, and the office pays for them in advance. There are some agents in my office that never, NEVER, NEVER pay their invoices. When I submit my monthly financials to our international office, I get 'dinged' for having an accounts receivable balance (sorry if this is too technical for some of y'all, but this is my every day jargon).

So, for as long as I've been with this office (4 years in June), there has been this particular agent, her daugter as her assistant, and her other daughter as an agent, who have consistently paid their invoices only when they've been producing, and have a closing - the office just retains their outstanding bill as payment from their commission. Well - that only works when an agent actually has a closing. Needless to say, this group hasn't had a closing or made any money off of real estate in probably 6 months or more. That means that I have to beg for a payment. And let's just be clear - I can take a credit card. I'm not a bank, you can't borrow from me/my office, which is, in essence, what they're doing.

Finally, this week, I've just been really frustrated with this situation because, honestly, it's been 3 years, they don't have the money to pay the bills, and I'm not expecting a payment. The best thing to do in this situation is to "fire" them. As an independent contractor, you can't necessarily fire them, but you can ask them to leave, and release them from the real estate commission, and the company. And, wait for it....




MY OFFICE OWNER IS FINALLY GOING TO RELEASE THEM!

This is SPECTACULAR news for me, because I no longer have to chase after them like a bill collector!!!!! So, after being in a very bad mood at work for the last week, I actually have a smile on my face! =.)

I'll be bouncing around the office in a super great mood next week as they are moving out of their office! =.) I know that sounds mean, y'all, and I'm not like that, but these are just NOT nice people! They're rude, disrespectful, messy, and mean. No one in our office likes them because they're just not nice!

Therefore, besides the fact that it's Friday, and that UNC plays basketball in the Final Four this weekend, next week is actually looking pretty stellar, as well!

Have a great weekend, everyone! =.)



“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”- Hebrews 12:2

1 comment:

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Woo hoo! I can comment now!! And I'm glad those people will be out of your hair now :) Have a fun weekend!