Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

I feel like Thanksgiving is a time for reflecting on my life, and where I'm at. So, below are 10 things I'm most thankful for this year:

  1. A resurrected Savior in Jesus Christ. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster ride in my relationship with God this past year, but I know I'm headed in the right direction, now. God has given me this awesome new church and church family, which includes my true family, and for that I am beyond grateful. =.)
  2. A wonderful and loving husband and best friend. Marc has been my best friend for over 10 years now, and my love for more than 8 years. I can't imagine where or who I would be without Marc in my life. He drives me nuts sometimes, but I know I do the same to him. I truly feel that he is my soul mate, the one God intended for me from the beginning.
  3. My family! I'm blessed with a very close immediate family, and an even closer extended family. And they're all so close in proximity, as well! My Mama and Daddy have shown me what a true marriage is supposed to be - equal partners, who put the other first. Their love for each other and for Brock and me has taught me how to love and be loved. And our dogs, who are our family. They love unconditionally and are a comfort to us, just by being them.
  4. Family! Marc's family is super special to us, as well. My family is closer (by a LOT), so we see them more often, but Marc's family is great! His mom has this great devotion to her sons, and she loves them both so much. You can tell she just wants them to be happy and successful and loved. His dad and step mom are in SC, so we don't see them nearly enough. They've been so generous to us from the beginning and we're thankful for that. Matt and Tammy - we're blessed not only to be related, but to be friends, as well, and that's awesome.
  5. Nieces! I can't wait to have children of my own, but until we're ready, Marc and I get to enjoy our 3 nieces. Allie is 3 and half years old, Karleigh is 1 and half, and Ava is almost 6 months. I'm sure our brothers would love a little boy in there somewhere, but they're all thankful for their little girls, as are we.
  6. Friends - Tiffany and Kelli -what would I do without you girls? Tiff - my favorite roomie! I never would have made it past freshman year without you. And the craziness we lived through (especially with other roommates)...you helped make college an unforgettable experience. I'm even more thankful for the friendship that we've shared. You've been there for me through so much, and I thank you for that. Kelli - you are just too special. One of my confidants and just awesome person. You make me laugh, and I love to hear what you have to say. Thank you for what you bring to my life, and to our CODE dinners. =.) Love, love, LOVE you girls!
  7. Friends - the weekend crew. I've made so many new friends over the past year, two years - Katie H, Katie M, Krystle, Megan, Sarah - you girls are awesome! I'm glad our guys are friends and we've all gotten to know each other! And I'm ready for the next girls night. =.)
  8. Job - in a time where not everyone in employed, Marc and I are both blessed to have a job to go to every day, and paycheck that continues to come in, even if the economy isn't at its best. I know that this is all God's doing, and even if we didn't have jobs, God would provide for us. He's just making it easier for us, right now.
  9. Health - so many others suffer from ailments and terminal illnesses, and we're just really lucky to be healthy, and to have a healthy family. We've lost some loved ones this year, but they lived long, full lives, and they are all in a better place right now.
  10. Shelter - not only shelter, but a home that is our own. We have a place we've worked hard to get to where it is now, and in a place where we love. Our little piece of heaven is ours (of course, it's on lend from God, but He's letting us use it).

Alright...I hope you've enjoyed my reflections. May God bless and keep you as you enjoy your holiday with the ones you love most.

And for those who have an unexpected opening at your table this Thanksgiving, I lift you up in prayer for comfort from above.

No comments: