Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Perplexed... =.)

Okay, so last night after work, I went home to start my newest obsession - blogging. I was trying to get my profile set up and all that stuff, and I was shocked to find out...

I have maybe 3 recent pics of the husband and myself. I used to take pictures ALL the time...not usually of myself, granted, but still. So, I've vowed to myself that I've gotta take some...and soon!

I can't believe that it's almost Thanksgiving...just a week away. I am super excited about Black Friday shopping! Thanksgiving and Black Friday are my 2 favorite days of the year. I prefer Thanksgiving to Christmas, because it's not as busy for Marc and me as Christmas day is. Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love Christmas, but Thanksgiving is just more relaxing for us. And I'm a huge fan of tradition. I'm just a small town girl at heart, and tradition just makes me smile.

So, we'll get to see our families on Thanksgiving, and at my aunt's we'll dissect every single sales paper there is, then plan out our day. It's a girls day - with my 2 aunts, my grandma, my Mama, and 2 of my cousins. We'll start at Wal-Mart, probably around 6 am, then we go all over for the day. I know the economy is down and all that stuff...It's not so much about the buying 'stuff' as is just hanging out with my family. We spend more time together on that one day than we get to most of the year. It's about the tradition. I've been going with my girls shopping since I was 15. I remember thinking they were completely crazy before then...even that first year I went...my Mama left earlier than I did, and I slept in a little longer. My Daddy took me by Bojangle's on the way to Wal-Mart, and I met up with everyone there. That was before the new Super Wal-Mart, and it didn't open until 6 am, so they would go get in line at like 5-5:30, and wait for the doors to open. The line would be all the way through the parking lot, and the parking lot was full.

Okay...enough reminiscing...I need to work. Can't wait 'til next Friday, and my time with my family...they're just special and mine, and I'm beyond blessed to belong to them. =) Have a happy day!


"If God were small enough to be understood, he would not be big enough to be worshiped." - Evelyn Underhill

No comments: