Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

So, our holiday really started on Wednesday, when Marc's dad and stepmom came up from South Carolina to stay with us. We had a wonderful time hanging out with them and with Matt, Tammy, and Karleigh. Part of Melinda's (Marc's stepmom) Christmas present is a picture collage of all of us, so I had my Mama come over to take a picture for the center of the collage, and here it is:




I think it came out pretty well. I'm satisfied with it. =.)

Matt and Tammy had to leave early because they had to get Karleigh to bed. She was just too cute! She absolutely loved the dogs. She would go up to their doggie gate and wanted to touch them, but she didn't want them to lick her, so she'd pull her hand out when came close. Karleigh would follow everyone around, and she was just so much fun! It was really great having everyone over!

After they left, the rest of us stayed up until after 1 a.m. playing spades. Melinda and I won the first game, then we let Lyman and Marc win the second game. =.)

Thanksgiving morning was spent with Lyman & Melinda. Then we went to Marc's mom's family for a quick lunch, then finished up with dessert at my Mama's family. Then, all the ladies gathered 'round the sales papers to plot out our strategy. =.)

On Friday, we started shopping around 5-5:30 at Wal-Mart. Then, Mama went with me to Best Buy. They had a great deal on a dishwasher, and Marc's dad let us know that the pump on ours was done. However, the dishwasher is 20 years old, so it was definitely time for a new one. It's silver and pretty and quieter than the old one, so I'm happy. Then, we went to Kohl's, Old Navy, TJ Maxx, Target, Chick-fil-A for a yummy lunch, PacSun, Charlotte Russe, Bath & Body Works, CompUSA, Sears, BACK to Wal-Mart, and finally home! I was so tired when I got home, that I was just lazy! This is the back of my Explorer filled with my purchases! And yes, that is my dishwasher purchase in there. It fit perfectly!


Yay for Shopping on Black Friday!



On Saturday, Brock, Wendy, Allie, Ava, Marc and I all went and had a "family portrait" done for Mama's Christmas present. Here are the ones we picked and liked best. They were cropped better for the prints we purchased, but you get the idea.

This is the one for Mama


This is Brock and his family:



This is Allie - acting innocent =.)


This is baby Ava - She's just too cute!

And last, Marc and me:

It looks so much like an engagement picture to me, but oh, well. It's the only 'professional' picture we've taken since our wedding.


I really think she's gonna love it! =.) I'm excited to give it to her (I don't really want to wait until Christmas, but I will). =.)

Sunday, we did lunch at my paternal grandmother's house to celebrate Wendy's birthday. It was great getting to spend time with cousins, and of course to see Allie & Ava. I just LOVE those girls! =.)

Needless to say, I don't feel like I really got a "vacation" over Thanksgiving. I dreaded going into work on Monday, but that's life.

If you could please pray for Alex's friends and family. I mentioned him last week, and I know that some of his friends are just taking it really hard. His funeral is Thursday night, and I just know that prayer works.

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

No comments: