Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow!!!

I am so excited! IT SNOWED! I was so happy to wake up, look out the bedroom window, and see beautiful, white snow all around! I haven't seen snow like this since Boone...and it's no Boone snow, let me tell you, but it's still snow! =.) I love it! =.)
I'm not so sure the dogs are thrilled about it, though. I felt so bad leaving them out this morning! Ace just keep looking at me from the carport as if to say, "What? You're leaving? But I want to go back inside!!" Paisley...she was a little more adventuresome. She was at least running around in it when we let them out first thing. This is the first snow they've seen on the ground. I kind of hope it does a bigger snow, just so we can see them play in it! =.)
Paisley didn't want to get her feet wet - she was just sitting in the driveway, looking for deer, I suppose.
Ace was even worse...he decided that he wasn't leaving the carport. I went to put out a blanket for them to lay on, and I guess he thought I was going to let him back inside, but he just sat on the blanket, looking at the door.


On a more solemn note, Marc's mom was going into surgery today to have her galbladder removed. She'd been having some abdominal pain, and went to the doctor. She has some galstones, and she was supposed to have surgery at 10:45 this morning. Shelia was really anxious about the procedure because she hadn't ever been under anesthesia before, but she did really well. I just talked to Marc, and as soon as she does her list of 'stuff', she'll get to go home. So Matt and Marc are waiting around the hospital. Hopefully she'll get through that list this afternoon, and not have to spend the night. So, please pray she does fine from here on out.

So, in June, Marc and I transferred our membership to a new church. I am so excited about Crosslink Community Church! Pastor Ken is awesome. You can tell that God just uses him and works through him constantly. So, tomorrow morning, the church is having a huge yard sale to raise money to upfit a new building that we'll be moving into. The church is only a few years old, so we don't have a "church" building. We've been meeing at a middle school in Efland for about 2 years now, and it's time that we get our own place. It'll be nice to have a place to go to ALL the time. I'm really excited to see how God is going to use this new space for His plans. So, while you're sleeping in tomorrow, I'll be helping Mama unload her dining room table at 7 a.m. in 24 degree weather. =.) This is the link to Crosslink's website, just in case you're interested. =.)

I really hope I'll be able to get some sewing done tomorrow, too. I'd love to make some Christmas presents! I think I'm gonna do some Christmas wrapping tonight, too. We usually put up our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving - another tradition - and I hate to see a tree with no presents underneath. So, I've got a few presents, already, so I need to get them wrapped. I've also gotta get some birthday presents. Just on my mom's side of the family, we have 6 birthdays in December, from the first day to the last. I've got some, know what I'm getting for others, but completely clueless on some. I'm so bad at buying presents for boys. For the girls - those are a piece of cake. But for little boys, unless it's a Hot Wheels, I'm lost. I need to make my list so I'll know what to get next Friday. I can't WAIT for Friday.

Okay...enough rambling...I'll leave you with this:

"[Thanksgiving] I always thank God for you because his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way - in all your speaking and in all your knowledge."
1 Corinthians 1:4-5

No comments: