Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Photo from Google Images
Nope, not the cheesy tourist...the fanny pack. Yep, I said fanny pack. I tried to find the pattern online, and what do ya know, it's not there. Who would really put a fanny pack pattern online? Who would actually have a fanny pack pattern? The saddest part about this whole thing? When I googled "fanny pack," I found a lot of interesting things:
- Lacoste makes a fanny pack - it was on a manequin in a store! Really?
- NorthFace makes a fanny pack, cleverly called a "Lumbar Pack." You're not fooling me, NorthFace!
What do you think? Did you ever have a fanny pack? I can't remember if I did or not. I definitely had the florescent colored clothes, but I'm not sure about the fanny pack. I don't know if I want to remember that!! =.)
TGIF! For real. Feels like the longest.week.ever.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Revelation 22:13
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Let's see if I can bore you with some of the events of my life this week! =.)
- Monday's softball game got rained out
- Played Monday's softball game on Tuesday. We lost, as expected. We play again next Monday (as it's a double elimination tournament to end our season).
- I had dinner with my girls on Wednesday. I so love them! =.) I just need to figure out a way to make Kelli happy, and I'll be even happier. She's in my prayers...
- I'm still working my way through the 4th book in the Twilight series. I'm on Breaking Dawn. It's taken me longer to get through this book, even though it's as good as the others...I think I'm a little on Twilight overload. (I dreamed about the characters on Saturday after I woke up when Marc left and before I got up).
- I still need to post some pictures from the Apron I won in Sweet Tea Diaries giveaway. That would require that I cook something so I can get Marc to take a picture with me wearing it authentically, though! =.) I've got some recipes to try, hopefully this weekend, though, so I'm hoping to post it next week.
- I'm excited to go see Tiffany's softball game tomorrow! =.) I'm hoping they need me to play, so it'll feel like Intramural days at Appalachian. =.) That would be fun. =.)
- I have a girl's night in Raleigh on Saturday, and I'm pretty excited about that. We're going to the piano bar, so we'll be requesting our favorite trashy songs, and sing at the top of our lungs. Should be pretty comical! (P.S. We were trying to decide which one of the ladies would be our "Bachelorette" for the night, because it's just more fun when guys buy the drinks! I don't think anyone will be getting married, though...oh, well!)
- I've been listening to my new Ipod Touch this afternoon, and semi singing out loud to some of the randomness on my playlist, that might really just include the following:
- Hold on Loosely - .38 Special
- King of Wishful Thinking
- Keep Your Hands to Yourself - Georgia Satellites
- P.Y.T. - Michael Jackson
- Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar
- Her Diamonds - Rob Thomas
- Paradise City - Guns 'N Roses
- Careless Whisper - Seether
- And the randomness just keeps going...
- I will work out when I get home and I will enjoy it! =.)
- I've got Life Group tonight for the first time in 2 months...I'm stoked. I need some Jesus. =.)
Hope your night is lovely! =.)
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways..." Psalm 91:11
How awesome is it that God has 'people' watching out for you all.the.time. whether you want them looking out for you, or not. Love it! =.)
Friday, July 17, 2009
This is for Chad - his first time on the big jump!
"How great are his signs, how mighty his wonders! His kindgom is an eternal kingdom; his dominion endures from generation to generation." Daniel 4:3
Thursday, July 16, 2009
We've been debating this, Tiffany and I - I'm totally Team Jacob, and she's Team Edward. What are you? What did you think about the series? Did you love them, too?!?!
- Friday, we went to see Transformers 2! I really wanted to see this for my birthday, but we just didn't fit it into our schedule. We finally got to see it this past weekend with Chad and Katie. It was really good! Definitely recommend it! =.)
- Saturday, Mama and I worked on a ribbon topiary, from where I stole the idea from Whitney Caroline Designs here. It turned out great, and everyone at the wedding shower loved it! What do you think?
- This is a close up of all the different ribbons. Doesn't it look gorgeous?!? I had so much fun making it with my Mama! =.)
- And what's a post without some pics of the nieces? I love the look on Allie's face! Like, "Really? Another picture?" They're precious!
- Sunday, I helped host a bridal shower for my cousin, Royce, and his finace, Jessica. It was a lot of fun, and they really enjoyed it!
- One of the floral arrangements my Mama made for the shower. I thought it was beautiful! =.)
So...that was my weekend, with some La Cocina mexican thrown in there (on Friday and on Sunday)! =.) Hope your weekend was great, too!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Our wonderful hosts, Chad & Katie! =.)
And he answered the door in this when the pizza guy delivered later Saturday night...
All the girls (and yes, I'm in the tee, as it was late in the afternoon and I was trying to stay un-burned)
Sunday afternoon, we took the Palmetto out...this is Grant's attempt at a back flip...hilarious!
This big boat in the background got stuck on a sand bar in the entrance to the channel...we tried to pull it out, but it just didn't work...
This is Katie's boat, Class Action (she's a lawyer, so she loves it, especially since it's in PINK!)
And that's all I've got! I didn't take nearly enough pictures, but we had a great weekend in Beaufort! Thanks for letting us stay at your house, Chad and Katie! =.)
"For the word of God is living and active...it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
She's such a happy baby!
She looks so scared going down the slide! She wanted on so bad,
but didn't like it after she had slid down!
Karleigh with her watermelon =.)
Have a great day!
"God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding." Job 37:5