Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas... =.)

It's been really hard to even get motivated to post over Christmas, but here's the rundown. We stayed pretty busy. We had dinner every night for 5 nights, straight! It got to where I got tired of eating! =.) It was a really great holiday, though. I just know that I am so blessed!

Marc and I went down to South Carolina to spend the weekend with his dad and stepmom December 19-21. We celebrated Christmas with all of Melinda's family, and then also our Christmas with them, Matt, Tammy, and Karleigh. I don't spend as much time with Karleigh as I do with Allie and Ava - they live in Hillsborough, and we just don't see them as much as we should. So, it was really fun spending time with her. She's just adorable! I love her curls!


This is Karleigh with Tammy and Logan is in the background.


***

And, on the way home, as always, we stopped by Concord Mills. It was crazy busy. But I just love outlet stores! =.) I can't pay full price for clothes! Especially when I know I can get them at a much lower price somewhere else. So, we finished up our Christmas shopping, then came on home.

***

As soon as we got home, I changed and went with Brock and Allie to the Christmas Cantata at Mars Hill Baptist Church. That's the church we grew up in, and our grandmothers still go there. So, we went and listened. For as long as I remember, when you walk out the door, some of the deacons are standing out on the steps, and you get a little brown paper bag filled with fruit, raisins, chewing gum, and a candy bar. They cover all the bases! So, we each got a bag, then went down stairs to the fellowship hall and ate some homemade goodies. I love that about Mars Hill. Number 1 - the food is always delicious! Number 2 - you know almost everyone there. That's the benefit of a small church. I haven't seen some of these people in 6 months or more, because that's when Marc and I transfered our membership to Crosslink. It was great seeing old friends. =.)

***

Tuesday, I enjoyed lunch with Tiffany and Kelli and we exchanged gifts. I love these girls! I'm blessed beyond belief to have friends like them! And I got a replacement shot glass for my Appalachian one I broke when we were moving! Thank you so much, Tiffany (and Kevin!!)! And I'm excited about my gift certificate to Aveda. Now, we just have to plan a date to go! =.)

***

Tuesday night, I went to dinner with my other girls. We went to Tupelo's and enjoyed half price wine, and a really good dinner. After that, we went to the Wooden Nickel and just hung out for a while. I had to go home early, as I had to work Christmas Eve.

***

On Christmas Eve, we had dinner at my grandma's and opened gifts there. We finished there around 8. Marc and I had to get home to finish wrapping all of our presents for Christmas, and then we opened our gifts to each other. We didn't want to be rushed on Christmas morning, and I think I like doing things on Christmas Eve, at least while it's just the two of us.

***

Then, on Christmas morning, we looked through our stockings to each other, then went over to Brock and Wendy's, and did gifts with them and Mama and Daddy. Then we went to Matt & Tammy's and exchanged gifts with them and Marc's mom and aunt, and just hung out for a little bit with them. Lunch was at my aunt's - with my mom's brother, sisters, mom, and families. We opened gifts after lunch, then we celebrated Lisa's birthday, she opened her gifts, then we ate birthday cake. Our next stop was at Marc's aunts' house, we did dinner there, then we did a "Dirty Santa" gift exchange. And finally, our last stop of the day was my grandpa's house. We exchanged gifts there, then we went home to wait for Lyman and Melinda to get there. They stayed with us Christmas night, and then went home the next morning. I went shopping with Mama for a little bit. This is our day in pictures:
Ava's First Christmas!
Brock, Wendy & Marc
Allie and I
Mama admiring her new picture
Danielle in her cute new apron and matching gloves

My beautiful Grandma

Allie admiring her new Barbie, horse, and stable set

Mama with her siblings
Brock, my grandpa, and Marc
***

The day after Christmas, we went to dinner in Mebane with all of my grandpa's family - his brothers and sisters and all of their families. We do these gag gifts from "Santa," and it's always a lot of fun. This year, Marc got a huge sombrero - it's gold with shiny gold thread - it's hilarious. Pictures of some of the other gifts follow:
Marc with his new hat
My Daddy with Ava
Brock in his new bra, some borrowed panties, and Marc's new hat
Papa with his new hat - looks warm! =.)

***

Okay - that was Friday, so on Saturday, we did dinner with my other grandma's family - her nieces and nephews and family from her brothers and sisters. It's been awhile since we've seen everyone.

***

I feel like our Christmas was completely family-filled, and I loved it. However, I feel like I need some more time off to recouperate! I am still a little tired of eating! =.) Now, looking forward to the new year, and more eating!

***

I hope your Christmas was merry, and that you are blessed with all things in the new year!





"I have told you these things, so that in my you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments: