Monday, December 15, 2008

And the Christmas Festivities begin...

On Saturday, Marc, Brock, Allie, and I went to my grandma's house to bake Christmas cookies. Marc, Brock, and I started doing this about 3 years ago, and it's become another tradition.

See, my grandmother makes the best Christmas cookies ever. They're homemade sugar cookies with icing on top. Since she has arthritis, and it's been getting a bit worse each year, it's hard for her to roll out the dough, and cut them out, etc. And since we all love the cookies so much, we told her we would help her make them so she could still give them out.

Brock and I are the oldest grandkids...the next oldest is 7 years younger than me. She came over to help watch Allie this year, and Allie was so funny! Allie wanted to help so badly (I really think she just wanted to get icing on her fingers so she could lick it off). So, my grandma broke out the sprinkles, and they made buttons for the snowmen and the gingerbread men. Anyways, here are some pictures of Brock, Marc, and me working in her kitchen.


On Sunday, we had a family reunion to go to. We have one twice a year, and it's with my great grandmother's family. It's all of her brothers and sisters, and all of their kids, and their kid's kids, etc. This year, there were only about 70 people there, but they're getting older. It's good to see these people...it makes me wonder - how many other families still know their families from 4 generations prior? Do you know yours? I only know it on my dad's side of the family. Growing up with the family I have, I hope my kids know as much of their family as possible...as far back as they can. They won't appreciate it when they're young, and I realize that, but they will once they're older, and they'll cherish the time they spent with those loved ones. =.)







"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." Proverbs 31:10-12



No comments: