Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Decorating... =.D

I am so excited to finally have my Christmas decorations up. It's tradition to put them up the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving, but Marc and I didn't get to it last weekend. So, my deal with Marc was we could either go get a real tree Friday night (so I could decorate on Saturday), or I was going to put up a fake tree.

Here's the thing - Marc has always had a real tree, and I've always had a fake tree. I so believe that a fake tree is just really so much easier. No needles to pick up, no tree trunks to water, no having to turn the tree off when we're not home, etc. He says he likes the way the real trees smell, and he doesn't mind the "hassle" of a real tree.

So, back to Friday night. We went over to Brock and Wendy's for dinner, and Brock & Marc ended up watching some Motocross/4-wheeler show that Brock had DVR'd. When we left, I was all prepared to go get the tree, and Marc said he was just too tired, and he hadn't had a shower since work, and he didn't want to go get one.

That means, on Saturday, while Marc was out riding one of these:

all day with Brock, Justin, and Dougie south of Charlotte, I stayed home and put up this:

And this:

Now, all I need to do is get a candle so Marc can at least have the scent of a real Christmas tree around (which I hate, by the way, but I will sacrifice because he has).
And this was taken at my aunt's on Sunday while we wer celebrating my Grandma's 66th birthday! =.)


"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

No comments: