Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Peace

Do you have a place where you are just filled with peace?  A place where this wave of calm just washes over you, and you feel at peace?  With your life, your circumstances?  Where you just know that everything is going to be alright?

I have a few places that give me this feeling.

1. There’s a bench at the end of the pier at Fort Caswell.  It’s an old fort that has been converted into a Baptist camp, and it’s on the coast of North Carolina.  I think this is the place I first felt that peace.  It might have something to do with the fact that that is where I came to know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

There is just something about sitting out there with the ocean lapping against the pilings, watching ships pass, and catching a glimpse of the occasional dolphin.  God fills my soul with peace there.

2. Sunrise on the beach.  Any beach will do, I suppose.  But being out on the sand, while watching the sky fade from gray to red to orange and yellow.  It’s just filled with such vibrant colors.  Since it’s early in the morning, there aren’t a lot of people out there, and God fills my soul with peace.

3.  Overlooking mountains.  When I’m looking out on God’s creation…land that He formed years and years ago, knowing that I would be looking at it now, seeing what His hands have molded.  Seeing the vastness of His land from atop a mountain, He fills my soul with peace.

Sometimes, I’ll get little moments in every day life where I feel this same peace.  But I can count on feeling that peace when I’m in those places.

Just being able to take a deep breath, and get rid of all the junk in my life as I let out that breath.  The peace settles in.

Knowing that God is taking care of me in every step of my life.

Knowing that God is beside me through everything I do.

Knowing that I am never, EVER alone.

Knowing that God has placed my family and friends in my life to support me.

Knowing God has designed my life in the best way so that I may do the work He has planned.

Knowing that my entire being has been designed to glorify Him in all that I do.

Knowing He loves me, no.matter.what.

DSC04917

I hope that you will be filled with God’s peace this Thanksgiving.  That you may know you are loved. =.)

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

1 comment:

Whitney said...

This is the best post ever. Just reading it made me feel peaceful.
I think the library is my place.