Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Randoms…

First of all, welcome to all of my new followers! =.)  I love checking my dashboard and seeing that number grow!  =.)

**********

I had a busy weekend, but it was filled with fun! =.)  Friday night, we went to Marc’s company party.  Luckily, it’s my family, so I love going! =.)  We had a great dinner and it was just a fun time! =.)

Saturday, I went to breakfast with my grandma, my sister-in-law, Wendy, Allie, Ava, and Mama.  It was a bit eventful, as Allie walked in front of a server, and ended up covered in sweet tea (or soda).  Which was not a good thing, because Wendy and Allie left straight from breakfast to head to Disney on Ice.  They had to buy some new clothes for Allie before they went to the show.

**Side note: Allie was so cute.  She kept saying she was going to Disney World! =.)

Then I went shopping with Mama and Ava.  Ava is just such a well-mannered kid!  She didn’t fuss the whole time we were out.  It was a lot of fun hanging out with her without Allie to get jealous and interrupt or try to grab your attention away from Ava. =.)  Marc and I went to dinner by ourselves on Saturday at a Mexican restaurant in town.  It was delicious! =.)

Sunday, our church only had one service (we usually have two), followed by a potluck.  It was all wonderful! =.)  It was nice having our life group all together outside of our life group!  It’s been awhile since we have all been at church at the same service.  I love those people!  It was a lot of fun.

On Sunday afternoon, we went with Brock, Wendy, Allie and Ava to paint pottery for my grandmas.  Brock, Wendy, and I had done this when I was in college, and my grandmother still uses her platter, and still brags on it.  So, when we couldn’t think of anything else to get her, we decided we’d just reuse our great idea from before.  And, like a dummy, I forgot my camera.  I’ll make sure to take some photos of the finished products.  We had a lot of fun, and Allie painted stuff for her grandparents.  I love being crafty! =.)

**********

On Tuesday, we had our office Christmas party.  As a concession to the economy and our lack of extra money to throw away at an evening Christmas party, we just had a potluck lunch and white elephant/dirty Santa gifts.  I laughed so hard at the white elephant gifts!  Our rules were that you couldn’t buy something – you had to bring it from your house.  It could be a gift you no longer want, something you no longer use, a bad gift that was given to you, etc.  You get the idea.  We had people bring old VHS videos (and some of them were good, i.e. Grease!), an old water fountain for a garden (that still had dust/dirt on it), a nutcracker…the list just goes on.  It was so funny watching people try to entice the last people to pick their gifts!  So much fun.

And last night, I went out with my favorites!  However, I will post about that tomorrow, because I didn’t get a chance to take photos of my awesome gifts!  And one hint…I got a Snuggie!  Can’t wait to show you what was on my Snuggie! =.)  So excited about all of my gifts!  I’m even wearing one of them today!!!

**********

Hope you had a wonderful weekend (a little late, I know), and have a fabulous week!! =.)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Fun weekend! I loved hearing about it - even though it was late! Ha!