Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas is {almost} here!

Yay!  Are you excited about Christmas?  I keep going through highs and lows.  I’ll be super excited, then I’ll come to work and all the excitement just gets crushed.  Then, I leave the office, and all is right with the world! =.)

I’ve promised a few pics, so here they are of the last 2 weeks or so. =.)

In South Carolina with Marc’s dad and stepmom, Lyman and Melinda.

Tammy, Karleigh, Logan, and MelindaDSC05021

Karleigh & LoganDSC05020Baking cookies at my grandma’s house:

Brock & Marc rolled out the dough and cut the cookies while Danielle, Allie and me icinged the cookies. =.)

Mau, me, Danielle, & BrockDSC05042 Allie was tired of icing cookies – she decided watching TV was more fun than getting fussed at for licking the icing off of her fingers. =.)DSC05039Danielle & I – see all the cookies un-icinged on the left…that was only some of them!  They were yummy! =.)DSC05044 

Some of my gifts so far! =.)

Beautiful and super soft scarf from Tiffany, with some iTunes…love it! =.) Thanks, Tiffy! =.)DSC05048 And from Kelli…I’m beyond thrilled about this one…DSC05055Not just a Snuggie, but an Appalachian Snuggie.  How cool is THAT? =.)  Thank you, Kelli!  Completely didn’t expect this one! =.)

And from some agents in my office, some yummy smelling candles and a great Barnes & Noble gift card!  Perfect!DSC05051 

And now, for one of my craftier gifts, this was what I gave Tiffany for Christmas.  She picked out the fabric, and my mama helped me make it for her.  What do you think?

Tiffy purse 1Tiffy purse 2 I absolutely love the paisley print! =.) She loved it, as well!!

Now, I have to wait for Melinda to open her gift, so I can take pictures of her apron that I made.  It turned out really well, too!

**********

While you open all of your gifts for Christmas this year, remember that our greatest gift is God’s gift of Jesus.  Have a birthday party for Jesus, sing him a song, and thank Him for all He has done in your life. =.)

“’Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.  This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.’  Suddenly a great company of heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.’”  Luke 2:11-14

Merry Christmas, y’all! =.)

2 comments:

Dawn Smith said...

The Appalachian snuggie is way cool. I'm jealous =) I hope your Christmas day was fabulous!

Ashley Nicholson said...

I LOVE the purse that you made Tiffany, I love paisley print! I hope Santa Marc was good to you ;-)