Thursday, January 20, 2011

Do you trust Him?

I get weekly emails from Max Lucado.  Usually, they’re good.  Today, I got just what I needed. :) Amazing how God works like that, huh? :)

Today’s topic was “Do you trust Him?”.  Max starts off by saying that God knows all things that will happen, both good and bad.  Just because God knows something bad is going to happen, that doesn’t mean that He doesn’t care about those things.  It just means he has a purpose behind those things.

Here are a few excerpts from the email, because, really, Max just says things so well:

“From Gethsemane’s garden Christ pleaded for a Plan B. Redemption with no nails. “ ‘Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will, not mine.’ Then an angel from heaven appeared and strengthened him” (Luke 22:42–43).

Did God hear the prayer of his Son? Enough to send an angel. Did God spare his Son from death? No. The glory of God outranked the comfort of Christ. So Christ suffered, and God’s grace was displayed and deployed.”


Jesus didn’t want to have to die on the cross.  He asked his Father to take that away – to use a different plan to save us all – but God’s plan was perfect.

“He authors all itineraries. He knows what is best. No struggle will come your way apart from his purpose, presence, and permission. What encouragement this brings! You are never the victim of nature or the prey of fate. Chance is eliminated. You are more than a weather vane whipped about by the winds of fortune.”


There are no coincidences.  God doesn’t make mistakes.  That doesn’t mean that our life is easy, or even that we understand everything that we go through.  We don’t have to – God knows.  We just need to trust that He really does know what He’s doing…and He does. :)

“We live beneath the protective palm of a sovereign King who superintends every circumstance of our lives and delights in doing us good.

Nothing comes your way that has not first passed through the filter of his love.”


I love that last sentence - “Nothing comes your way that has not first passed through the filter of his love.”  Doesn’t that bring you reassurance?!?  It does me.  It soothes my heart of the aches it feels because of some of the things that I’m going through right now.  I know that God knows best – and I just have to trust Him, really trust Him, that I will come through this, and I will glorify Him in the process. :)


**********
Happy Thursday, y’all!  Hope you have a fabulous day!! :)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for posting this. I needed to hear it, too!

Ashley said...

Hey!! New follower here! I LOVE this post! It def. speaks to me! Thank you!