Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crazy Busy Month, Y’all

Hi!  No excuses, I’ve just not been blogging.  But here’s what I’ve been up to for the last month! :)

Warning: Photo Overload!

October 2, 2010 – Cedar Grove Horse Show

Allie was in her third horse show, and she wanted to do more than just the one “Children’s” event that she’s done for the past few years.  So adorable! :)

Allie with her great-aunt Lisa and her pony, Sugarfoot

Horse Show Allie 1 Riding Sugarfoot by herself!! :)Horse Show Allie 2Riding Lisa’s horse, GingerHorse Show Allie 3 Ava loved watching Allie – she’ll participate next year! :)Horse Show Ava 1 She had a blast riding the big horseHorse Show Ava 2 PS – Her shirt has a rocking horse on it, and it says “Rock On”.  I absolutely LOVE it! :)

**********

I guess in the Spring, I volunteered to be on the Finance Team at our church.  I’m good with numbers, it’s what I do for a living, so I wanted to put my ‘talents’ to use for God.  It’s been really good.  I feel valued by the team and our church.  I feel like I’m doing something good.

However…I’m tired of budget meetings! :) We’re still trying to nail down the budget for the church for 2011, and I’m exhausted.  And I haven’t even really begun to do the budget for my job-job.  Oh, well…I know that God has given me this gift, and I’m happy to use it for Him. :)

**********

October 16, 2010 – Costume Birthday Party

One of our friends threw a big party for his mom’s 50th birthday, and it was 70’s themed.  We went with hippie/pimp?  It was such a fun night, and the costumes were great! :)

Marc & IM & B 1Marc and Grant – Please notice the 3 inch white platform shoes – they actually lasted about 3 hours. :)M & G 1  He sent a picture to his dad, asked him if the afro looked familiar.  His dad had a for-real afro back in the day.Marc

**********

Our office held a fundraiser to benefit H*abitat for H*umanity a few weeks ago.  It was a fun, nice fall day.  Perfect day to be outside instead of stuffed up in an office.  And we raised money for a great cause.  We’re looking forward to paying for and building a house for a family in need in May 2011.  Such an awesome thing to be a part of!

**********

October 31, 2010 – Halloween

Every year, we help with our friend’s family Corn Maze at Halloween.  For 4 or 5 nights, they do a Haunted Corn Maze.  They block off parts of the maze, set up a few black plastic tunnels, strobe lights, and some monsters.  It’s a ton of fun for the guys who haunt the maze, and it’s funny for us to watch some of the guests come running out of the maze being chased by a big guy with a chain saw. :) It’s our Halloween tradition, now. :)

As the “greeters”, we girls dress up for at least one night…it’s the only way for us to really celebrate Halloween.  And we choose not to be ‘slutty’ girls – we dress for warmth.  I mean – we’re outside, under a tent, beside corn for about 4 hours a night.  I’m not trying to be cold! ;)

This year, we went for snow bunnies. Cute, simple, cheap, and warm. :)

Snow Bunnies :)Bunnies Bunny TailsBunny Tails Monsters of the MazeMonsters Monsters UnveiledMonsters Unveiled Allie & Ava as Hannah Montana & Minnie Mouse :)Hannah & Minnie Karleigh as a Princess (and Baby Brayden in Tammy’s Belly) :)Karleigh And I just love this one of Ava :)Minnie Mouse

Alright…thanks for making it this far! :) I love you, all of my faithful followers! :)

Happy November!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

You've been busy! I love ALL of the costumes! Snow bunnies is such a cute idea!