Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Allie Kat! =.)

Seriously, it’s hard to believe all that has happened in 5 years.

Five years and one day ago, I got a call from my big brother, Brock.  He told me that, “It was time.”  He and Wendy were going to the hospital.  I couldn’t sleep.  I was so ridiculously excited! =.) He had called late on a Friday night, and told me not to worry about driving down, just to come in the morning.

See, I was in my senior year at Appalachian, and I had a 2.5 hour drive home.  So, around 5:30 a.m., I finally got up.  Trying to sleep was useless.  I just couldn’t do it.  So, I got up and took my shower.  I threw some clothes in a bag, and started home around 7:30 a.m.

I drove straight to the hospital with no news that I was an aunt, yet.

About 5 minutes after I got to the hospital, my brother walks into the waiting room to announce that Allie Katherine was here.allie katI was so happy, as was everyone else.  The above picture was taken a few hours after her birth.  She is my first niece, and she holds a special place in my heart! =.)

P3250024Allie was my flower girl in our wedding.  She was 11 months old, and Brock carried her down the aisle.  So precious! =.)3 year old Allie This is Allie at 3 years old in her first horse show, on her pony, Sugarfoot. =.)DSC03888 Allie and me last year on her 4th birthday.  I love this girl! =.)DSC05688 And this is Allie 2 weeks ago at her T-Ball game.

It’s really hard to believe how much she has grown.  She is so special and I just love her to pieces! =.)

So, Happy Birthday, Allie Kat!  I love you! =.)

Signature-BE4212C632D29A1F98D632D890C57B22

No comments: