Thursday, September 10, 2009

So tired...

You would think that after a long, relaxing weekend at the lake, I would be well-rested and ready to take on a 4-day work week. Not the case, here. I am so tired!

I did okay on Tuesday, not too tired. I didn't get to eat dinner with Tiff and Kelli - Tiffany's sick, and Kelli has a skin thing going on - so I went to Marc's last softball game of that league. It was nice, they lost the first game, so we thought they would end up playing on Thursday. Nope. They opted to play at 9 pm, instead. Not a problem, except that I rode with Marc, so I couldn't go home and go to bed, like I wanted. =.)

Wednesday was fine, too, really. I drove in to Cary, and it wasn't that bad. I haven't been in any bad traffic, really, so that's been a blessing. I was busy yesterday, catching up on some things that needed to be done after closing out the month last week. I thoroughly enjoyed my evening last night, as Wednesday is "Man Night," according to Marc, and they all hang out at my brother's shop, and work on 4-wheelers. So, I got to enjoy watching So You Think You Can Dance, which was pretty good - it looks like they're going to have some awesome dancers on there, this year! And I love Ryan! So glad he made it to Vegas! =.) And then I watched the premiere of Glee. I have mixed feelings about the show, so far. Some of the stuff is just beyond corny. But I LOVE the songs! =.) Especially the pilot episode version of Don't Stop Believing.

This morning? Did NOT want to get up and drive an hour to work. I know there are people who drive further than that every day to go to work. I'm just not used to it, and I don't particularly like it. Typically, it takes me 25-30 minutes to get to work, so that's what I'm used to. Driving today was brutal! There wasn't any traffic, but it's overcast, and it really just makes me want to crawl back under my covers in my dark bedroom with a few blankets, and go back to sleep. And it's really quiet in the office today, so I'm still tired. I usually wake up and can talk to people, and get people who come into my office, but they're all at a meeting until after 1pm, so I think I will be battling my heavy eyelids until they return.

I hope you are having a fabulous week! It's almost Friday! =.)


"The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him." Nahum 1:7

No comments: