Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wii Fit

So, for Christmas, my Mama and Daddy got me a Wii Fit. Last year, they got Marc and I a Wii. Marc decided that 2009 was the year of "not fat," so he's determined to get "fit." I don't really expect that he nor I will be able to lose a lot of weight using only the Wii Fit, but it is definitely fun! =.) It's quite amusing to watch someone Hoola Hoop, without an actual Hoola Hoop. My favorite thing about it, though, is that you can choose to weigh in every time you're on the balance board. You just put in your height when you initialize the first time you play, and you go through a body test. We had a lot of family and friends with the Fit, so we had heard stories, and I was NOT looking forward to the whole weigh-in process/experience. Luckily, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. In addition to weighing you, it also tells you your BMI, and what a normal BMI is - and where you are in comparison. So, every time you do a body test, it will tell you how much you've lost, or gained, from the last time you did a body test. I'm hoping that this will keep us accountable to our goals.

We were on our way to New Years Day lunch, and we discussed all of our goals/plans for 2009. I hate to call them resolutions, because we never follow through with those. So, this year, I'm calling them goals. I'm going to make a poster with pictures, etc of our goals, and then put it somewhere in the house where we'll see it on a regular basis. I'm a visual person, so I need to see it. =.)

I'm excited about 2009. We have lots of plans to follow through with, and it's very promising! =.)

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: