Thursday, January 8, 2009

Workin' for the weekend...

Okay, so this is the first full week of work since the week before Christmas, and boy has it been a LONG week! Since I work in a real estate office, no one is ever around on the holidays, so the past 2 weeks have been really quiet. My job is really crazy at the end of each month - I have to close out the month and transmit data to our international office within the first 3 business days of the month. That means I have to get closings in from agents, review the financial data, and close out everything, plus have it reviewed and approved by the bosses. So, last Friday was a weird day because it was the day after New Year's Day, and it just kind of felt like a vacation day at work.

Anyways, so I get in on Monday and have to get busy, only we have a new office manager, and I'm the "Go To" person, so I stayed busy with her all day. Then, all of the agents decided to come to work, so they needed things done, and I helped them. Needless to say, I didn't get anything done before 5, when I'm supposed to leave, and I ended up staying at work 'til after 7:30. Wouldn't be so bad if I got paid for it, but I'm salaried, so...you know. Tuesday wasn't much better because we had our first office meeting of the year, and even more people were in and out and distracting. I got everything done that I needed, but now I need to get stuff ready so I can send out 1099s and W-2s, and all those other fun end-of-year stuff.

Moving on, though - I'm ready for Friday! =.) The other staff and I were looking at our next "vacation" day (we don't get Martin Luther King, Jr. day - we get Easter), and it's not until Good Friday, which is April 10th. That just feels like forever away! We do what we do, though, because at least I have a job to come in to every day, with people I enjoy doing something I'm good at.

Today's verse:
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

No comments: