Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Update

Oh my gosh, I hated not having a computer this weekend! Marc was out of town. He and his brother Matt went down to South Carolina for a surprise trip for their dad's birthday. They played golf Saturday morning, and did lots of other "man" stuff together. They had a great time, and I'm glad they could make the trip down. =.) But that left me alone at home. And I would have loved to blog, but our computer is still out of commission, and I couldn't get my work laptop hooked up to our internet. Very frustrating. I can't wait 'til we can get our own laptop and wireless internet. Oh, well...maybe sometime this year, that will happen.

Let me start by saying that I'm not a person who always needs someone else around. I really enjoy time to myself to think and just be (and be lazy). So, this weekend alone, after the crazy week I had, was not so bad. But it gets lonely, especially when I live so far from most of our friends. I am thankful that my Mama and Daddy are so close, though! =.) They were watching Allie and Ava Saturday evening so Brock and Wendy could go out, so I got to hang out with my nieces. I just love those girls! Ava's only 7 months, but I love feeding her and rocking her to sleep. Babies are just so precious! And Ava's crawling! It's just adorable. I can't wait for her to start walking, although I'm sure Wendy would like a few more months without having to make sure everything it up and out of reach. And Allie - she's such a good sister. She loves Ava so much, and just loves to love on her. Children are just amazing creations of God, and I'm so blessed to watch Allie, Ava, and Karleigh grow up.

I also spent a lot of time on Saturday getting my Mary Kay stuff ready for taxes. So, I pulled all of my sales receipts, shipment receipts, and other expense receipts together so Marc isn't waiting on me this year. I got my statement from church for our donations there. So, all that's left are our W-2s.

And speaking of tax forms, I must go get busy at work. Here's to hoping this week goes by a little faster than last week, and that I get much more done! =.)

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

No comments: