Hi, everyone! I’m sorry for the long time between posts, but I’ve been out of town!
I think last week I mentioned that I was going out of town for work. I’ve been in New Orleans for a real estate convention. Love my company! It was a lot of fun, and I got to see New Orleans for the first time. I so wish that I’d had a little more time to enjoy the city, though, with a little less class! =.) Either way, I had some great experiences, one of which involves a kangaroo. Yep, that’s right. You did read that correctly. I got to see a real, live, PET kangaroo. So cute!! I’ll have more details on my trip later. For now, I’m participating in Fill in the Blank Friday over at The Little Things We Do.
So, here goes…
1. When I’m nervous: I get out of breath, like I’ve been running a lot (which I never run), and sweaty palms.
2. My favorite item in my closet is: my newest WCG t-shirt. It’s super comfy, it’s heather red, and it supports the fam. Can’t go wrong with that! When I dress in business casual for work every day, the last thing I want to wear outside of work is something trendy. I’m definitely all about the comfort!!
3. Zoning out with a great book or catching up on my TV shows is my favorite thing to do when I need to relax.
4. My favorite childhood memory is: Spending time with my Mama’s family at Emerald Isle. My great-grandmother had a cottage with a small guest cottage behind on the road to Bogue Pier. I remember going down there every summer with all of my aunts and uncles and my grandma, and we’d spend the week together. I remember having to evacuate because of hurricanes, yummy ice cream at the Dairy Queen, unique gifts from the gift shop next door, learning how to shuffle cards on the days it rained, sandspurs from the grass outside, and sharing 2 bathrooms with 10 people. I miss those days!! =.)
5. Something you may not know about me is: I’ve been with Marc for almost 10 years! We started dating my senior year in high school, his sophomore year. I know – he was a baby!! (and that also tells you how old I am!!)
6. A true friend: Knows when to talk, when to listen, and when to laugh with you. They’re honest and comforting. And they’re rare. So glad that I have some true friends! They’re lifesavers!
7. Something I hope people think of when they think of me is: That I’m a true friend. I’m trustworthy and kind, loving and fun.
Yay! That was fun! I got a post out, and I didn’t really have to be creative! Someone else did that for me! =.)
Have a great weekend! Can’t wait to get some of my pics from NOLA up this weekend! =.)